Welcome to the Home Page of the
Greater Washington DC Area APA
the 3rd Largest APA Franchise in the World!
Mike & Sarah Geiter ~and~ Dave & Vicki Beatty
Friend Request on Facebook
for the latest updates:
YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY READ THIS!
The Spring Session is the last session to try to qualify to go to Las Vegas in August 2017
Pay only $10 weekly team dues in the 2017 Spring Session
- If you enter a NEW team in a division that has less than 8 teams. (First Come, First Served)
Pay only $25 weekly team dues in the 2017 Spring Session
- If you enter a NEW team in a division that has 8 or more teams.
In order for your team to receive this promotion, you MUST send an email to the APA office:
You must include your division and roster information in the email
The following stipulation apply to prevent abuse of this promotion
- Moving a team from a current division to another is NOT considered a NEW team
- Must not contain more than 3 common players from a team in the prior session.
- Teams may still owe applicable "greens fees" to the host location
- To prevent abuse of this incentive, APA has the right to deny the incentive if deemed necessary
Join the APA!
While some membership cards require you to be able to jump the cue ball, bank it off three rails and sink the 8-Ball blindfolded, getting an APA Membership Card is much easier.
Having fun, meeting new people and playing pool is what the APA is all about.. You don't have to be a pool shark, because in the APA -- everyone can play and anyone can win. The APA wants beginners and novices, because it is the AMATEUR Poolplayers Association. No other organization in pool gives ordinary players a chance to win a share of nearly $1.5 MILLION guaranteed cash and prizes paid out through its national tournaments.
How does the APA do it? It uses The Equalizer® handicap system to determine the amount of games a player has to win in order to capture the match. It allows a novice to win less games than a more-skilled opponent to win a match.
Alexandria, Anne Arundel, Arlington, Calvert, Charles, Clarke, District of Columbia, Fairfax, Fairfax City, Falls Church, Frederick, Loudoun, Manassas, Manassas Park, Montgomery, Prince George's, Prince William, St. Mary's, Warren
8-Ball Doubles, 8-Ball Ladies, 8-Ball Ladies Alt, 8-Ball Open, 9-Ball Doubles, 9-Ball Open, Masters, Masters Alt